Friday, January 29, 2010

Kindness & Encouragement

Every Sunday that has a temperature greater than or equal to 40 degrees, I'll be at the Schlegel Group Ride that meets in the parking lot of the store. It's a sure "race day" type workout for me. Sitting in (which can be up to 40% easier, I've been told) is actually the goal, and when achieved for the entire duration of the 40-55 miles of bike riding goodness, I declare victory and feel that my fitness has jumped up a notch (or 4)! :o) The races (cough, i.e. group "rides") are always fun, and the cyclist community here in OK City is fast! A huge bonus is that everyone there is very nice and so welcoming!

Almost 2 weeks ago, a couple of my friends just came up to me and said, "Hey Bethany, we really want you to know that we're behind you and excited for you..." and soon after each handed me money. They were so humble yet confident, purely genuine in their giving. Definitely an example of how to make an impact in someone's life!

I was so touched! Their words were so powerful and encouraging! I know that I will always remember that kindness, and when Stephen and I are in a position to do that, we will know how because we've already been on the receiving end!

No comments:

Post a Comment