Friday, January 1, 2010

OKC

We went on a little date to the baseball stadium downtown. There, they had the "the nation’s largest manmade snow tubing slope" (after we got there, we were wondering if it was also the ONLY slope?) Regardless, it was fun just to be together and race down the slopes. Fortunately for me, I seemed to always get someone who kick-pushed me down really fast, so 2/3 the time, I won (Victory!!!) haha...but "winning" wasn't all that good, since I knew that Stephen would come crashing into me full speed at the bottom! ha.
As per usual, I'm sporting quite a fashionable sledding attire. I had to take out my silk long johns plus more layers of clothing! The sad part was that I was still really cold!
Sometimes, you have to grab a buffalo by its horns! ;o)
After sledding, we went to the free boat tour that goes through Bricktown. It was sort of like the Duckboat tours that go around Boston, but minus the duck...and history. OKC's history is somewhat interesting. The downtown area is nicely renovated, I must say!!! It was a fun afternoon/evening.
As for other news, Stephen's kickin' along with his thesis, and my training is going really well. We're so thankful for a wonderful 2009 and look forward to 2010! Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment