Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympics, Valentines, & the Job Hunt

Let the Games Begin!
T-minus ZERO till the Olympics are here! How exciting. I'm not a cold weather fan, but this winter sure has put me in the mood to watch all those cold sports. :o)
the Best
I must mention that I have the absolute best Valentine! He's an incredible guy, and I truly can't get over what a lucky girl I am...(insert huge exclamation points.) Thanks Lord! :o)
When we got married, I remember several people telling us we'd love each other even more with time. As with other pieces of "marriage advice", I was definitely thankful for the encouragement, but placed it towards the back of my mind as a small chunk of mental storage, since it required the vague "time" word. :o)
...But now that we're seasoned (hehe), approaching the big 1.5 yr mark, I can say that it's actually true (!) although I didn't feel like I could have loved him more than I already did the day we tied the knot!
How the whole marriage thing works is amazing, beautiful, and crazy, ever-changing, growing and...everything else you can't completely describe - that's it...and I'm sooo thankful for the Valentine that I snatched - I just couldn't possibly dream him up.
Home sweet....where??
The job hunt is teaching us many-a-thing...eg: Trust the Lord, Have Faith in His Plan that is Best, Hope in Him alone, Love as He loved us, (repeat)... :o) 
I might be slightly biased, but Stephen's the top of the top in his field...so it's not surprising to me that he's gotten some interviews and then second interviews...traveled a bit...
We're currently trying to "not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."(Phil 4:6)
Obviously, this is much easier said than done...but the nice part about getting older is that when these situations come up, all we have to do is think back on other situations in our lives, and then we quickly remember how faithful, loving, and trustworthy the Lord has been in every situation...and He never changes! We have nothing to fear, but look for Him to work since He started it in the first place (!!) and He promises to continue what He's started in us until it's “finally finished"...(Phil 1:6)
Enjoy the journey!!
Btny

2 comments:

  1. and just think, how much more we learn to love God as we get to know Him better in our relationship with Him!

    ReplyDelete