Monday, April 26, 2010

Anti-protons, attoseconds, & an A+


Not that I expected to understand Stephen's thesis defense, but....I definitely didn't! After his trial run, I was trying to think up a good question to ask him to be a good mock audience and...I decided to just stick with some pure encouragement and give him an A+ ;o)

I understood the presentation only good enough to understand that it was in another universe located above my head. :o) One slide had the word "attoseconds" in it = not in my daily vocab list, but if you guess small, you're right...10 to the neg 18th power! My non-detailed brain filters that into the really small category....details, details...

Anyhoo, massive cheers for Stephen today! You're amazing! xo

2 comments:

  1. me too :o) i added it again :o)
    s thought he looked a little weird, but i thought he looked hot! and maybe he needed to get into his "mad scientist" persona before giving his thesis defense ;o) i'll post a couple others today too.

    ReplyDelete