Monday, July 5, 2010

Firecracker 5K

This past weekend, I had my debut post-injury race - woohoo! There was a little 5K road race in downtown Tulsa, and I thought it would be fun, convenient, & a good workout. :o)
All of the above were accomplished, & it was especially fun to share it with Stephen & my parents, who were in town for the weekend! 
My time wasn't the best, but I won in 19:13. Truth be told, I'd rather not win and get a better time, but...I'm thankful that I can run and still be healthy. It's sort of embarrassing that I can swim 1.5K, bike 40K, run a 5K, and then start the race last Saturday & still run faster than 19:13, but...it is what it is. I will figure out how to run a road race at some point! :o)
My neck/back is slowly but surely still improving. We went to a local lake today and enjoyed swimming in the open water - fun fun. My neck behaved, so maybe I will push it a little more this week. 
Early last week, I made an appointment with a sport med doc - the earliest appt was this Thurs...Hoping to find out how (or if?) I could help speed up the recovery, and especially how I can avoid this ever happening again! ...but I'm also thankful now to still be improving, even if it's snail pace.
Happy Independence Day!! 

1 comment:

  1. i love reading your blog so i'm leaving some postitive reinforcemnt by commenting. i laugh that you pick up a race and win. girl....you're insanely awesome!!

    ReplyDelete