Monday, October 25, 2010

Updates

Mouse Update:
I have killed 8 mice!! But the good news is that I think I got all of them since the PB and cheese hasn't been licked off the traps in the past couple days. Yay!
Flu Update:
After 2 straight weeks of feeling like I had the death plague, I am feeling alive again...still a little weak, but much better!
and last but most certainly not least....Neck Update:
A few days ago, I was at a Toastmasters meeting (I joined for fun since I have more time on my hands w/o fully training). During the break, a lady asked about my neck (I gave her the 10-second version that ended without an explanation as to why after 6+ months, my neck still hurt). She asked if I believed in the power of prayer...and I said, "yes, definitely" and then she prayed for my neck, and I haven't had pain shoot up my neck since!
I've biked a couple times and swam since then and it hasn't hurt, so....I'm building back up!
...filled with thanks to the Lord,
bethany :o)

2 comments:

  1. Sooooooooo happy for you, Bethany! I know plenty of people have prayed for healing for your neck, but how special to have an immediate answer to prayer on this occasion...the timing and method God chose for whatever good reason(s).

    Hoping I can see you if you're in town sometime over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks so much for your prayers, hannah!
    i guess i need to update my blog! 2 days after this post, my neck tweaked again. [sigh]

    things i am learning in a new way = "my thoughts are not His thoughts; my ways are not His ways", so...not really sure why it didn't stay healed, but i also know that "He gives and He takes away"...and lots of other good things to remember about the Lord are found in the Bible! He doesn't need me to try to defend him - like defending a Lion! (from pastor wood's sermon last week - i watched it online) ;o)

    it reminds me that if i can totally understand God and His ways weren't sometimes mysterious, then He'd be pretty boring :o) and if i can wrap my mind around His ways, then the world has bigger problems! ha.

    He most definitely could heal me forever in an instant, but...i find myself still in a little challenge that is a great character-sharpening tool!! or at least i hope i'm sucking all the character-building-ness out of it! ha. i'm learning things that would be impossible to learn if i was feeling great, so...i'll keep chuggin' along!

    looking forward to seeing ya!

    ReplyDelete