Thursday, January 16, 2014

2014 Sponsors!!

PILOT FLYING J: 
PFJ is Knoxville-born (just like me!) and has given back to this city so much support. The people I know at the company and work with are incredible! I love what PFJ is doing to help their employees and also their customer-focused efforts on healthy food and workout opportunities. On average because of the nature of their job, truckers live 7 years less than others. PFJ is working hard to add workout facilities and healthy food choices for the truckers. It is an honor to be part of Team Pilot and their concern for their customers' health. PFJ is taking care of my logistics and transportation. What a gift to not have to worry about means to get to the race to compete! Thank you!

PROMPT PHYSICAL THERAPY: 
Steve Bailey was seemingly the only person on the planet who had insight into what was going on with my chronic neck/back dealio. He's the reason that I was able to have even an abbreviated season last year, and has an amazing gift. I love going to his office still for maintenance – it's like 90 minutes worth of PT exercises, hanging out with good friends and therapy...walking out always feeling better. What's there not to love?! Thanks!

SPORT & WELLNESS CHIROPRACTIC CENTER: 
Dr. John has helped me learn how to activate my hamstrings and butt as I ride my bike and run. My back doesn't feel as stiff, so I can freely move and have a better rhythm. He has really helped my achilles recover - I had achilles tendinitis, and he used ART to break up the knots in my calf and release the tension. Adjusting my hips relieved my lower back tension. I'm feeling much better now, and so thankful for his help!

CEDAR BLUFF CYCLES: 
What a fun, knowledgeable store! They've helped me maintain my bikes and have answered lots of questions for me! Lately they gave me 5 saddles to try out. My bootie didn't like the 2 saddles on my bikes from last year. Ouch! Developing saddle sores and cysts on my bum was not a highlight of last year, but(t) (hehe)...there are other saddle options! I have since realized that if a saddle still isn't super comfy after a few months, try a different one. At this point, I've weeded out 4 saddles out of...thousands! ha. Thanks, CBC, for your patience and help!

RETIREMENT PLANNING SERVICES: 
Also known as "The Dream Team"...seriously. I'll admit, RPS is a somewhat unusual sponsor for a pro triathlete...but there are actually a lot of parallels and ways I can learn from a company like RPS. In their core values, you'll see: “Excellence: We strive to honor our God, our families, and our clients in everything that we do.” Sure, we have very different jobs, but using our God-given gifts in whatever our daily work looks like can have the same core values! I've learned so much from my dad and brother in their top-level athletic careers, their values in their workplace, and have benefited immensely by their choices to love their families well, and honor God first always. Thanks for your encouragement and support!

COACH CLARK & THE UT TRACK/XC TEAM: 
I am so thankful to have the opportunity to run with the UT track/XC team for some key workouts. Coach Clark lets me tag along with his speedy team, and being in the midst of a team is of such great value whenever I run with them. Thank you!

COACH JAMIE INGALLS
Last but certainly not least, I'm thankful for my coach! He's not necessarily a "sponsor" but has my best interest at heart and adds value every day to my triathlon career. I have data that shows what I'm doing on a daily basis is significantly faster than just a few months ago, and that's exciting! Coaching an athlete to master 3 sports isn't easy, and I really appreciate his time, energy, patience, and wisdom on helping me get the most out of myself. Thanks!

Next post, maybe I'll share a tentative race schedule....oh boy!

Thanks for reading, and God bless you today!
bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment