Sunday, March 28, 2010

war stories...MIO Du

I was so thankful that Stephen came to cheer me on and help keep me a bit warmer! :o) He got some pics of the March in Okarche Duathlon...I have a feeling that the stories about this race will just get better as time passes and TriOKC has fun reminiscing about the day. In a couple years, there will probably be 80mph winds and a handful of people who were blown into the cow pastures after they were run over by the farming tractors :o)...

To give you a little idea about the wind, note the flag in the background (you might have to click the photo to see it)...that is what we started biking INTO for the bike course. 8 miles into that was less than fun, then we turned north for a mile and turned around. CRAZY, I tell ya! This pic makes me laugh because I'm obviously coveting the leg warmers that my friend, Kirsten, was wearing!!! hahaha. Probably the worst thing about the crazy weather was that the internet said that it was going to be 71 and sunny, but turned out 42 and raining! Okarche is a bit under an hour away, so I (and many others) appeared at the race ready to go in a tank top and shorts!...Fortunately, I brought a couple other shirts, but was drooling over others who had tights. I had just brought some windbreaker pants to warm up in, and definitely wasn't cold enough to use those parachute leggings during the race! :o) I was actually a bit toasty on the first run and was thankful that I didn't have tights...but then it started raining harder, and my body became an icicle on the bike course...Oh well, some of the fun of multisport events is the crazy atmosphere when everyone looks around and asks each other what we're doing! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment