Tuesday, August 17, 2010

James 1


Nice timing for our small group to study James in the Bible:

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

I realize that this "trial" of mine pales in comparison to the vast number of trials going on in the world right now, but in my life, it definitely feels like a big trial & I know the Lord cares about it since He cares for me. :o)

2 comments:

  1. I read your last entry and meant to comment then. Sometime injuries seem like very small trials, but to those who are suffering from them, they are huge...especially when they are getting in the way of dreams/goals/lifestyles, etc. I only had a minor one this year, and even that was frustrating, so I can't imagine how frustrating all this is for you. Looking forward to better news soon and praying that healing comes your way!!! Praying too that you are blessed with the right perspective and lots o' patience too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kristin!!
    i can live vicariously through you guys this season :o)
    maybe next yr we can all go to the nyc tri - rendezvous!! xo

    ReplyDelete