Tuesday, July 30, 2013

8k Road Race...baby steps!

Only in TN would a state championship race take place at midnight in the midst of a hoppin' Pigeon Forge. That's my home state!! :) haha. I was encouraged to go 31:22 in the 8k (5 mile) race. It landed me 3rd behind 2 super swift pro runners...one (Sarah Brown) who finaled in the Oly Trials last year and just ran in the semi-finals in Moscow World Champs!
Starting a race at midnight definitely makes you feel like you can't get out of the twilight zone for a couple days. It's like jogging into the land of Jetlag...and getting lost ;)
Thankful for another good workout in the bank (or hay barn) & more baby steps toward fitness and also mature racing. It was also particularly fun because it was the first time I've made $$ as a profesh athlete.
Pilot Flying J sponsored the race - thanks! A few pics...
my man! xo (we sort of look like we should be asleep - haha)

dad's helpful words right before the start = "I'd like to see you negative split..."

wheelchair race w/ background of Pigeon Forge's "neon jungle" (surprisingly hoppin' at the midnight hour! ha)



No comments:

Post a Comment