Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Mermaid-Cheetah Hybrid...

I competed in the Springbrook Sprint Tri. Since it was a sprint, it's fitting to describe the details in a sprint fashion:
Swim: 200 yd snake swim was interesting (but hey - thankful to have a swim!).
Bike & run amounted to a good workout and a reminder that I still have a ways to go, yet also great confirmation that I'm healthy and getting more fit every week - Yay!

Everyone was very friendly and lots of people who I didn't know cheered for me - thanks! I also loved seeing my brother, sisinlaw, & their 3 little munchkins cheering for me, along with my parents! (Before the race, my 2 yr old niece told me she wore her mermaid shirt for me & my 4 yr old nephew told me to "zoom like a cheetah"...That combo sounds like a pretty solid goal for a triathlon: the mermaid-cheetah hybrid. I'll definitely have to remember that!) Stephen was out of town, so he was cheering from his medical physics conference in Indy. ;)

I got 4th overall & won the women by 5 minutes. It was fun to meet people & enjoy the beauty of East TN! Emily took some sweet pics from the race morning & posted them to her blog here...

Other note-worthy headlines in our lives:
1. We s-o-l-d our house in Tulsa! (For real this time!) Thankful for that process (actually produced some sweet treasures!)...and/but also thankful it's OVER! ha. Onwards...
2. We gained a new bro-in-law! It was fun & special to celebrate with fam & friends to see Stephen's lovely sis tie the knot last weekend! Cheers to the newly-weds!
3. First pro race comin' up at Rev3 Maine! It will also be my first Oly tri of the yr...pretty exciting! Thankful to be able to jump into the mix!

:) bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment